Saturday, July 28, 2007

The Haunting

Click

While watching the latest episode of "A Model Life" (Ahh the many trials and tribulations in the lives of 6 leggy albeit malnourished and somewhat bobbleheaded models) my TV suddenly changed channels....

Odd. I changed the channel back.

Click

The channel changed again.

I changed it back.

Click

It changed again.

Mildly creeped out I turned off the TV and went for a shower.

Mid-shower I heard a loud static sound coming from the other room. I walked back to the nightstand and came to the chilling realization that the radio had spontaneously turned on.

You know what is more unnerving than having a radio turn itself on? Not being able to turn it off. I actually had to unplug the alarm clock. (If you are thinking that it was the alarm going off it wasn't, I checked and it was set for 6:30am)

By this point my vivid imagination had run wild. Convinced that my room was haunted I realized that I still needed an alarm clock. Since mine was harbouring a demon I would have to call the front desk and request another, less haunted one.

I can only imagine how that conversation would have gone.

"Front desk"

"Oh hello, this is room 412. I need a new alarm clock as mine is currently harbouring a demon spirit. I fear that I will be struck with stigmata and am quite concerned that I will pull a Linda Blair at work tomorrow. Do you by chance offer an airline rate on exorcisms, or know where I might contact a priest?"

"I'm sorry Ma'am. The priest has left for the evening and we are unfortunately unable to vanquish any demons tonight. Perhaps you might try sleeping next to your complimentary Gideon Bible. I can have room service send some garlic up if you like."

"Oh not to worry. Stigmata won't be so bad. Speaking in tongues would actually be an asset at work. Good night."

"Good night Ma'am. Thanks for choosing The Ramada."

1 Comments:

At 9:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Creepy. I stayed in a hotel in Liverpool where the toilet flushed by itself. It was the hotel that the Titanic passengers stayed at the night before they left, so I think one of them has water issues. Super creepy.
Kiki

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home