Monday, July 02, 2007

Redeye

My poor eyeballs.

Since junior high I have been a diehard contacts wearer. Well, until around this time last year that is. For some reason unbeknownst to me, my eyes decided to strike. They fully rejected my contacts causing my eyes to turn bloodshot within minutes of putting my lenses in.

Did that stop me? No, I was a diehard. I paraded around work with my watery red eyes, mentioning something about having a great time the night before doing meth with those hookers (because if people are going to judge you, you might as well give them a good reason too). But the fun was not to last. It wasn't long before the pain caused by my poor damaged eyes forced me to do the unthinkable, turn to glasses.

The problem that I have with glasses is two-fold. 1. My eyesight is terrible (I'm four or five points away from needing a guide dog). 2. I've been wearing glasses since the first grade. Anything that can be traced all the way back to early childhood tends to have some unpleasant memories associated with it.

However, my Judas eyes left me no choice, I starting wearing glasses everyday. I've continued to begrudgingly wear my glasses everyday with little to no complaint in the hope that one day I would reunite with my beloved lenses.

This weekend was my trial run. My friend's graduation was on Saturday. So, I got all dressed up and I went to her grad, sans glasses.

That was Saturday. Today is Monday.

Today I am staying inside. I've drawn the blinds and turned off the lights, hiding my watery, red, swollen eyeballs from the cruel, cruel world.

Okay eyes, you have won this round. I will give you one more year of glasses. If by next year you do not allow me to wear contacts I will start playing racquetball without goggles while waving pointy sticks around my face and having a bleach fight. Damn you eyeballs.


Day Two - A nice sort of pink-ish hue is developing

6 Comments:

At 1:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your glasses, they make you look intelligent. But I also like your red swollen eyes because they remind me of a simpler time... a time when we worked together at Chapters, and jokes at your expense was our main source of entertainment!

 
At 8:11 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

the pic makes my eyes water. ugg. My allergy eyes match your contact lens eyes.

kiki

 
At 12:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now for the real story...
Soon after bitty discovered that her contacts we rebelling against her eyes, she also discovered that this warranted multiple trips to the optometrist. Now for most people this would not be a particularly happy experience, but most people haven't met our optometrist! He's... well... easy on the eyes, let's say (no pun intended). I think that bitty tries out her contacts every now and then just so that she can pay a visit to our handsome doctor and receive sympathetic gazes as she tells him the tales of the contact rebellion.
Just a theory... :D
Kt

 
At 1:36 PM , Blogger Brown said...

Man that sucks. It sounds like the type of lens to me. I used to have the same problem until I found a lens that "breathed" better. Now I just have to keep drops around and not have the contacts in ALL day.

I'm sure quitting my job at the cocaine refinery helps a little too.

 
At 1:41 PM , Blogger Bitty said...

Such accusations! I have a condition I'll have you know!
Sigh, if only my eyes weren't disgustingly red and half-closed everytime I go see him. Having red eyes only furthers the evidence proving that I am in fact, albino.

 
At 2:03 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

ya jerkface, go get some different contacts, my contacts were ok and then randomly turned on me and destroyed my eyes into red balls of death and everyone thought i was on drugs all the time. haha, then i got a different kind of contacts and then i was good again for a while ,until i started doing drugs all the time, then my eyes looked the same, but at least it wasnt the contacts fault anymore.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home