Wednesday, June 27, 2007

No Fly Zone

Ottawa has announced plans for new security upgrades, including barring some people from flying on commercial flights. Under the program, the government will identify people who pose "an immediate threat to aviation security" and will work with airlines to stop those people from flying, said Transport Minister Jean Lapierre.

In light of Canada's recently released No-Fly list, I have created my own No-Fly list. I've compiled a list of people that I myself have deemed unfit to fly.

Old People - I have nothing against old people in general. I'm not by any means suggesting that we reinstate the ancient practice of setting our elderly citizen adrift on icebergs. I am merely suggesting that should not be allowed to fly. Ever. While this sounds a tinsy bit drastic, let me explain. Old people whine, a lot. It's too cold, the tea is too hot, the plane is too loud. I didn't realize that I had been so spoiled with my own grandparents. My grandparents are the best people I know. As it turns out, most are not this way.

People with Communicable Diseases - People who leave behind a seat pocket full of snotty Kleenexes should not be allowed on a plane. (By the way, I include crazy in my list of communicable diseases, because in my experience crazy is just that; communicable and a disease).

Kids - I didn't add kids to this list just because I hold a deep grudge against them, I added them because they are messy. Even if kids aren't eating Cheerios, they tend to leave a mushy, soggy, Cheerios trail behind them wherever they go, like slugs. I grimace when I hand anyone under the age of 10 a cookie because I know that a few hours later I will be on all fours scraping ground-up cookie off the carpet.

Athletes - Sorry athletes, it isn't personal. You are much to huge to be in an aisle seat and make it difficult for me to walk through. May I suggest the Greyhound? Plenty-O-elbow room there my friends.

Business Men - I've already addressed my beef with business class in a previous post. However, I just wanted to be to clear that no one traveling for any type of business will be permitted to fly according to my list.

My plan is to limit air travel to well-behaved, middle aged, childless women who are unemployed. This will not only increase flight safety, it will also be conducive to the prolonged sanity of your local flight attendant.

6 Comments:

At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, I love how your list is so general. Old people, omg. Thats the better part of the population!

And Here here on the diseased...isn't that an actual rule? Nose-blowing is my least favorite flying sound ever, somthing about the pressurized cabin makes it sould so weird. Actually I guess my least favorite is the sound that an engine makes when it stops working or somthing.

Also, I say that no one should be flying wearing flip flops right now, until they stop making take off your shoes at security. I almost didn't go to vegas because I stupidly wore sandals and had to walk across the floor, barefoot, where thousands and thousands of other barefoot people had walked. I nearly cried, you know what I mean bitty. And what was the first thing I did upon my arrival in sin city? Did I gamble? Did I order a drink? Did I find the nearest strip club to hand in my application? No, I washed my feet in the sink. Oh man did that feel good.

Kiki

 
At 1:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

wait, whose blog is this, anyway? sorry.
kiki

 
At 2:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm safe! Finally a place where being freakishly single, and childless pays off.
Plus you would love me on the plane, because I already know in advance that I want cookies, and believe me, I eat every last crumb of those cookies. I am, afterall, from Winnipeg!

 
At 11:07 PM , Blogger Bitty said...

KiKi - Haha I thought you had those little disposable socks in your purse (right next to the handy wipes) for occasions like that.
Also, yes! Do it! Start a blog! Call it KiKi’s Kliffnotes on Life.

Jenne - You also have to be quiet. No call button pushing or snoring.

 
At 2:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other advantage to having your no-fly list is that the planes would be waaaay emptier! Anyone who was allowed to fly could stretch right out!
Auntie

 
At 10:52 AM , Blogger Brown said...

Actually, I think it's a lot safer to have old people in air planes rather than on the road.

But definitely no babies.
However, the thought of you on all fours . . . . . .

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home