Monday, June 18, 2007

A Change of Pace

While the negative aspects of my job never cease to amuse/frustrate/stun me, I figured it was about time for a post that highlights all the things I actually DO love about it. So here we go...

I love the smell of the plane in the morning (If you are curious what this smells like, imagine a cross between a hospital, Tim Hortons and a drop-in centre)

I love jumping into a giant, fluffy bed like this at the end of a hard day when my feet are sore and my back aches. (A little something I've learned about mattresses; Sleep Number = Bad. Pillow Top = Good)


I love going through customs. (To clarify, I don't love being verbally abused by Customs officers. However, I have associated the act of carrying my passport and declaring my food with travel and anything associated with travel is good)

I love visiting different cities and learning about what makes them unique, but undeniably Canadian.

I love talking people through their first flight and hearing their sigh of relief as we land safely.

I love working so closely with someone that by the end of four days we are able to anticipate what the other is going to do and move together as a well-oiled machine. (This is a galley survival technique so as to avoid constantly banging heads and smashing fingers in cupboards)

I love watching the sun rise and set from 40,000ft.

I love going out for a dinner with the crew after a hard day of flying.

I love eating seafood from both coasts in one weekend.

I love finding entries like this in the cabin logbook



I love living out of a suitcase. There is something about being entirely mobile and having everything I need in one tiny bag that is comforting.

Even though I complain about it, do honestly do love my job and if nothing else, it keeps me thoroughly entertained.

3 Comments:

At 10:37 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now I've smelled a hospital and a drop-in center and individually they are slightly less than nauseating... but I cannot imagine experiencing the combined smell at 5 am, in a sealed tube, not vomiting, and then writing about it on a list of things that i like... and this from the same sister i know that dry heaves when homeless people sit beside her on the train?... strange
Kt

 
At 12:01 PM , Blogger Bitty said...

It's oddly comforting. You'd be surprised about how supressed my gag reflex is now.
I believe it was you, the one who suctions throat holes and sputum, who also gagged when a particular homeless mans belly hairs touched your face.

 
At 3:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

What was Katie's face doing that close to a homeless mans belly? Seriously, I am very glad I don't work with belly hair, or homeless people.

Speaking of working, I'm not this week, let's go out!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home