Monday, April 23, 2007

Coup D'etat: H&R Block Style

I had a very confusing tax situation this year, too many student loan forms and too many jobs. So I recruited the help of Joanne, Tax Preparation Extraodinare.

Joanne looked like a typical tax accountant. Right down to the bulky cable-knit sweater, complete with a balled-up kleenex in her sleeve.

We were just about finished, when Joanne asked me if I would like to get cash back or just e-file my tax return. Knowing almost nothing about taxes I asked what she recommended.

Joanne sat up in her rolly chair and leaned forward across the desk.

She whispered "I hate the government. I'm part of the revolution to overthrow them you know"

"I don't want their grubby hands touching your money so I'm going to advise you to get your cash back. They will get less this way."

"Oh...." I replied, my mouth hanging open.

"I hate the government" she repeated, leaning back in her chair adjusting her big round glasses.

If there is one thing I love, it is when people are the polar opposite of what one would expect. Like a vegetarian cowboy or a buddhist with a NRA membership. I hope that during tax season 2008, I will meet my revolutionary tax accountant again.

1 Comments:

At 3:22 PM , Blogger Brown said...

Vive la re'volution!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home