Thursday, March 22, 2007

Ol' Smokey Returns

Ol' Smokey strikes again!

My streak of good luck is over. Ol' Smokey is acting out again. For all of you automotive-minded folks I will imitate the sound that my beloved Ol' Smokey is making. This may not translate well though. He sounds like this; Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Sort of like what a kitten in a teapot might sound like (please just take my word for this, for the love of God do not carry this experiment out in the name of science).

Ty thinks that it might be a fan belt. I'm a big fan of belts myself, but I don't know what this means. My car needs a new belt? Although in his defence I make a similar sound when I want clothes.

I must say, I'm getting a little tired of this bad behavior. It's probably my fault though, I think I'm reinforcing his acting out by rewarding him with new parts and some one-on-one attention. It's just so embarrassing driving down the street when my car is screaming like a banshee. In any case, it looks like I'm going belt shopping next week.

If you hear faint squeal behind you on the road in the meantime, move over, it's probably me and I'm not a very good driver.

3 Comments:

At 2:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have found the solution for whiny cars...replace it with a younger model! Sure, it was hard to say goodbye to the old whiner, I'll admit to shedding a tear when we left her with her new companion. The new model has yet to complain about anything, and rightly so, since everything is fresh and clean and perky. I have made a vow to give her a bath more often than the old girl to keep her shiny. As lovely as she is, I still feel guilty when I picture those awkward few hours when I was juggling both cars, and old and new sat beside each other, casting weary sideways glances at one another ( l like to think they were fighting over me). I will always remember the good times we had together, but reminiscing always harkens memories of being stranded in the U of C parking lot in a blizzard and a car that won't go. Despite these inconveniences, I will always remember her, and will think of her every time I 'zoom zoom' past someone such as yourself stranded on the side of the road. Wow, that was a long comment, pardon the verbal diarrea.
Kiki

 
At 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spelled diarrhea wrong, and I even looked it up. I guess I better read over the Immodium package again.

Thanks Katie, you know all the grody words.

 
At 9:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

is eeeeeeeeee a squeaking noise? lol

does it do it constantly when you drive, or just when its cold/when you first start it up?

if its doing it constantly, and it is in fact a belt slipping, then id be careful about driving it too much, because if its the belt that runs your water pump and or alternator, those are 2 very important things and if they arent spinning becuase of a slipping belt. bad things can happen.

like explodey clouds of smoke things, or dead car not starting and leaving you stranded things.

both good things for me. but not so good for yourself.

on second though, i take it all back, everything is fine, continue driving as normal.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home