Sunday, April 08, 2007

My Old Man

First, I would like to start off my stating that my Dad is hilarious. He is hilarious because of the pranks he pulls and the random things he says.

My Dad I go back in forth with our practical jokes.

The most recent was when I came home from Medicine Hat this weekend. I called from Strathmore to say that I needed the bathroom as soon as I got in (AKA: do not take the bathroom or you shall be subjected to my wrath) I was drinking water purely out of boredom on the drive home. This was clearly not a good idea as I ended up having to go to the bathroom so bad that it was beyond emergency status, hence the call home.

I bolted through the door when I got in and ran to the bathroom, only to fall over the storage container that my Dad had moved to conveniently block the hallway. After Indiana Jonesing my way past the container I turned the corner, running right into the giant box that the new TV came, which also happened to block the bathroom door. I hurdled the box and shut the door. I was moments away from sweet relief when I came to the horrible realization that my father had duct taped the toilet seat shut. Oh the humanity.

These are the types of pranks that we pull on each other. Hilarious no? Well my Dad is also funny because of the things he says. Here a a few examples:

1. While walking to the washing machine, mumbling to himself, he said “What are you doing on Friday night Keith? Oh well you know, washing the shower curtain...”

2. One day he turned to my sister and asked “What does it mean to be “all blinged out?”

3. Pointing to a store in the mall, he said “Why don’t we shop at Timmy Hiflinger?”

4. And just tonight he asked “Are you typing on your faceplate again?” (Referring to Facebook)

1 Comments:

At 10:57 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww! I always knew I loved your Dad, even though I've never met him....

You do realize you were setting yourself up by calling about the bathroom...Do you only have 1 bathroom in your house?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home