Sunday, February 25, 2007

Cheers!

I am grumpy.

I am grumpy for a multitude of reasons. I was pulled from my crew today because someone in Edmonton called in sick. Now, instead of eating Vietnamese food in Regina with my great crew whom I’ve bonded with, I’m sitting in Prince George with a not-so-great crew, not eating Vietnamese. Oh, and my five flight day turned into a six flight day. Also my hotel room kind of smells...

Okay, so that’s why I’m grumpy… now for the ranting part brought on by my bad mood.

I wish people would stop saying “cheers”. Not everyone mind you, just pretentious yuppie Canadians.

Just because you visited the UK or Australia once, it does not give you the right to pick up their lingo and act as it if it’s your own.

Also, I think you are using the word incorrectly. There is no way that “cheers” spans every possible situation…

"Here is some garbage – cheers!"
"See you later – cheers!"
"I rear-ended your car – cheers!"

Saying “Cheers” does not make you seem worldly and cultured. It makes me think that you are fake and kind of an ass. It needs to stop.

Now that I got that off of my chest, I am going to sit here in my dark smelly hotel room and really relish my bad mood.

2 Comments:

At 1:48 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Switzerlamb, this makes me ever so sad for you. Perhaps a "spot of tea" would make you feel better?
If not I hope that seeing the lovely Gael on the "telly" last night improved things.
"Chin up" dearest, just think of how much fun this weekend will be.

"Oh Bollocks" I appear to have peppered my comment to you with British slang.

Ever so sorry "guvnah".

Well...Cheers!

 
At 6:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Britt, I'm sorry you are cranky.

I heard about a veitnamese place that's even better than Quynh....What do you think...Tuesday night???

P.S. I think the reason people say cheers all boils down to laziness, because it mostly means "your welcome" but shorter, it's the same reson I say "Ta" instead of thank-you, I'm just too damn lazy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home