Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Short History of Nearly Everything I've Been Up To

Hello strangers,

I apologize for the complete lack of posts lately. I've been a very busy girl. Here is what I've been up to:

-Celebrated Chinese New Year: I celebrated in style this year with my blindingly white family. We played cranium and ate Chinese food. Kiki even made fortune cookies. They were delicious.

-Flew like a maniac: I've yet to see a Saturday in Calgary this month. I've spent more time sealed in a tube in the last few weeks than anyone should. I'm about ready to drive across the country in a diaper myself.

-Got vomited on: Little boy + Can of Pepsi + Airplane = Vomit and lots of it. Jenne, I will have you know that I heaved until my eyes watered but I did not throw up and I did manage to get it all cleaned up. Pardon me, I just heaved again.

-Registered for spring and summer classes: My plan of graduating this fall is seems less and less likely. All the classes that I needed to do this summer are offered, but with one catch...they are all offered at the exact same time. Why does the universe hate me? Je ne c'est pas.

-Climbed like a monkey: I've been climbing likes its nobodies business lately. It feels great to get back into it. I might even get to do some outdoor climbing at the end of march. On a related note, I will be collected old mattresses which I will pile at the bottom of the mountain, just in case.

-Helped Ty study Obstetrics: Here are some things I learned about delivering babies. 1. Don't pull on umbilical cord to remove placenta 2. Abruptio Plancentae sounds like a Harry Potter spell, however in reality it something very gross and scary 3. Having the urge to 'bare down' is not something I ever want to experience or hear about again. Pardon me, I just heaved again.

-Watch my favorite movies: Nadia and I watched our respective top three movies. As it turns out, an alarming number of them were subtitled.

-Speaking of alarms: I evacuated the hotel because of a fire alarm in Toronto..again. I can't help but wonder why the stairs lead into the airport and I'm tired of walking through arrivals in my pj's.

Well that basically sums up what I have been up to. Hopefully I will be posting more often again, I have 31 hours in Winnipeg this weekend. I'm bound to have plenty-o-stories from that.

1 Comments:

At 1:35 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

At least you wear pj's.

Can you maybe take correspondence course, since you are never really home anyways??

What are these top 3 besides 7 yrs in tibet??

--Jenne

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home