Thursday, January 25, 2007

Panic Room

An update on my mind-numbingly difficult class.

As I have been in the class for 3 weeks now and still don't really understand what I am learning about I decided to do what I always do when I need something explained to me in no-nonsense terms.

I googled it.

It didn't help.

This is the definition of post-structuralism..Ahem..

Any of various theories or methods of analysis, including deconstruction and some psychoanalytic theories, that deny the validity of structuralism's method of binary opposition and maintain that meanings and intellectual categories are shifting and unstable.


Oh...my...Buddha...

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

my understanding of post-structuralism is that no one is right and no one is wrong because from different perspectives things appear a different way. Everyone views the world through the eyes of their own past and experiences, so no one is wrong. I don't know if that is what that quote means or not....

Kiki

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home