Monday, January 15, 2007

That Elusive Land Turbulence

During our descent into Vancouver, Christy and Maya were secruing the cabin when a middle aged man waved to Christy to get her attention.

"Excuse me" he asked "Did we just land?"

The wheels in Christy's mind turned, searching for a work-appropriate response.

"Umm nope...we're still about 10,000 feet off the ground.." she replied

She told me this story once we were in the crew van and together we came up with a few alternative answers.

"No, we haven't landed yet. You'll know when we do because you will see the sides of buildings and not the tops of them"

"Yes, we landed in a miniature city, thats why all of the cars look so small."

"Yes we did, and right now we are experiencing land turbulence."

"Did we?? Oh my! Someone should tell the Captain, because I think he's still flying!"

And my personal favorite...

"Yes we did. Did you not get off in Vancouver? Because we are on our way to Japan now...I hope you brought your passport!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home