Friday, January 26, 2007

Ol' Smokey Visits the Doctor

Ol' Smokey has visited the doctor (aka my Dad) and we have a diagnosis...

Apparently the rubber boot is pushing on the brake rotor gear which is making the caliper and pistons smoke. Shh...if you're quiet you can hear the sound of a mechanic crying... I admit that might not be the exact combination, those are definitely words that my Dad used when explaining what's wrong with Ol' Smokey. It will be an invasive procedure (on Ol' Smokey and my bank account), but the prognosis is good.

Although I will be bus-bound for the next few days, I will sleep better knowing that Ol' Smokey will be as good as new soon!

4 Comments:

At 12:34 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Told yah buy her some new shoes. Go with hooker boots, rubber boots are so last year

Ber.

Hurry up and get that thing working so you can COME SEE ME!!!!

 
At 5:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

my saga continues as well...I am currently stranded at work because Patricia the stripper has now started a singing career as well. When I turn the key it starts, but it also makes a creepy whining noise and starts to smell like burning. I think she may be in heat...
Kiki

 
At 9:35 PM , Blogger Bitty said...

It sounds too me like Patricia has all the right qualities to make an outstanding contestant on American "Idle". Also, I find that if you add 2 or 3 air fresheners you can almost completely mask the smell of burning.

 
At 11:17 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

brake rotor gear? thats not even anything. no wonder your car hates you, you dont know anything about it. :)

this also proves that it must be a girl. you dont pay attention to it, take any interest in it, or listen to it at all. you just use it for a fun ride once and a while when you need it. and so it gets all mad and tries to kill you (by attempting to throw you off the road, set you on a fire etc.)

seems to be a pretty normal female reaction to that type of treatment.

and im not sure, but i think seeing as how your car is a girl, that might also make you gay. you should probably look into that.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home