Sunday, August 27, 2006

Here a Woo, There a Woo, Everywhere a Woo Hoo

Things have gotten out of hand regarding nicknames and I feel that we should rally together to put a set of rules into place.

While I’m all for nicknames I do believe that they should follow certain guidelines. I came to this conclusion after working with a lady who insisted that we refer to her by her self-invented nickname, Woo.

Pete is a nickname, Woo is not.

You cannot imagine how embarrassing it is to introduce the flight attendants to the passengers

“At standing mid-cabin we have Woo...yes I'm serious, Woo...”

It also, as it turns out, is much more difficult then you might think not to add that ever-so-tempting 'hoo' to the end of it.

It becomes quite confusing when your nickname is a sound people make when excited.

Woo! My team scored.

Or

Woo! I won a million bucks!

And once we've let a couple of Woo's slip by, whats to stop people from calling themselves Beep, Thud, Swish, or even Vroom?

There are plenty of excellent nickname alternatives without having to resort to random sounds. Doing so will prevent people from immediately assuming that you’ve suffered a pretty severe blow to the head the minute they hear your nickname.

For the sake of all involved, please stick to some of the more commonly used nicknames.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh My Gosh, I never laughed so hard, thanks for that!

Hope to see you soon!

--Jenne

 
At 9:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL I would love to see your face on that flight.

Mr EMT-P :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home