Thursday, May 03, 2007

Woo Are You?

Remember the lady who insisted that everyone refer to her by her self-invented nickname? Well I met another of her kind. Apparently there are more followers of the onomatopoeia phenomenon.

This weekend I worked with La. Now naturally La is not her given name, just something she cooked up one day. I'm assuming that these ladies choose these names in order to be kooky and eccentric. However, I don't think I'm alone in finding this ridiculous.

What if I worked with both La and Woo at the same time?

"Woo, can you hand me a rye?" "La, can you help Woo with the garbage" "Woo and La, I need a bag of ice"

But if I can't beat 'em, I might as well join 'em. For this day forth I will introduce myself as Beep.

5 Comments:

At 4:22 PM , Blogger Brown said...

Beep-beep, Woo-woo, La Bitty is back!

You know things could always be worse. They could change their name to a symbol and then you'd have to call them the person formally known as .....

Or they could want to be called, "Spank me and make it hurt while you pour scalding hot butter on my nipples". Well, okay, THAT would be a little weird.

 
At 3:39 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmm, butter. Thats what you can call me.

kiki

 
At 7:26 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I worked with someone named Woo, I would need a rye too!

--Jenne

 
At 4:07 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should come up with one of those classics, like "Who's on second?"........

Where is Woo?
Woo is isle two. Did you meet Beep?
Beep did the sweep, and is meeting with Bop.
Woo is Bop?
Bop is meeting with Beep. Woo is isle two.
Beep is Bop? Who is Woo?
Woo is isle two, Bop is meeting with Beep, and Wang and Zing are starting the engines.
Rye's all around!!!!

 
At 6:02 PM , Blogger Bitty said...

Hahaha I love it! On a related note, if I ever, ever work with someone named Wang I will lose my mind.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home