Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Pothead and the Monk

"So are you some type of monk?"

I was standing at the bus stop in Vancouver next to a man dressed in long, draping robes. This type of attire apparently invites unwanted attention from shady people, particularly the Pothead who asked if he was 'some type of monk'. (Just to be clear, I'm not just passing judgement on this fellow I dubbed as a Pothead, he was actually rolling a joint as this whole conversation occured.)

"Well yes I am"

"If you're a monk then give me some type of wisdom, you know about life.."

Get a job...lay off the drugs...shower...

"What makes you think that I have anything to tell you?"

Good answer monk

"You're a #@$! monk! Why won't you tell me about my life?"

Perhaps because he isn't a fortune teller, Dr.Phil or Sylvia Browne?

"Some #$@!* monk you are...Jesus Christ...Hey, do you believe in Christ?...He died on the cross you know...What did you ever do monk?"

I'm willing to bet alot more than you Pothead, he showered this morning

The monk was getting visibly uncomfortable at this point. Had he not been an actual monk he may have Tae-Kwon-Do'ed that Pothead all the way back to Stanely Park.

Ahh, this is why I love Vancouver. Who needs an ipod when you can listen to things like that?

3 Comments:

At 6:53 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

monks are stupid anyhow.

bunch of jerks, think they are so cool.

i mean, how good can you be if you cant even defeat a pork fortress?

 
At 9:03 AM , Blogger Bitty said...

Blasted pork fortress! We will defeat you one day.

 
At 4:32 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why, oh why, do these strange things always happen to you Bitty? Or is it because you are aware of your surroundings and taking note of what's happening? Glad to hear you enjoyed Vanc.
Auntie

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home