Sunday, October 29, 2006

Southeast Asia

An update on the SEA trip:

(Ty you should not read any further as you will probably rethink coming with me)

Eeeek I bought my first trip related items!

A map - handy for making hats and playing mash on long plane rides as I don't actually know how to read one. I'm hoping Ty retained a little bit more than I did from Geography 201. I did practice unfolding and refolding it so that I don't look like a dolt in public when I'm unable to fold it back up.

A sleep sack - It's a sack that you sleep in when you are staying at sketchy hotels and want to avoid being used as a nesting area by local spiders. Being used as a nesting area at anytime is awful, but it's that much more personal if done while you are asleep. Shutter.

A pillow case - Along the same lines as the sleep sack, only pertaining to keeping critters away from your face. Seriously no one wants to come with me?

And the best news of all...

I found my backpack. It is red and waterproof and beautiful. It has tons of little compartments and a zip-off daypack. I've never been so enamored with an inanimate object before. I have a feeling that I will buy it way, way in advance, then continue to pack it and live out of it for months prior to leaving.

Eek, only a year and a half to go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home